My Blog Has Been Viewed:

Jan 1, 2011

Mr. Awesome and His Words

So here is something he wrote me back in like....November. I found it on my computer! I just love this!!!!


My favorite sound.

By Steven Jashub Comstock

It’s a split second connection of expectation to a satisfaction. The sound of your screen door. I pull up in your driveway. Missing you. I turn on the country station, missing you. I put the car in park, and roll my window down; my ears are listening for the squeak of your screen door. To me, it is the most beautiful piece of music ever written. My heart jumps, and feels full when I see you. No matter what is going on, no matter how many problems are weighing on my mind, no matter how sad I am, the sound of your screen door opening drives them away. Because the sound of your screen door means you will be in my arms soon. So nothing else is important. I hope to go on for the rest of my life, knowing that no matter what is going on, I just have to listen for you door to open. You are all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment