My Blog Has Been Viewed:

Mar 17, 2011

Am I A Godly Woman? part 1

The Woman Who Fears the LORD

Proverbs 31:10-31 (ESV)

10 "An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels."
This is a rare, precious woman.
Am I rare? How am I different from other women in the world? Do I stand out? When standing out do I stand out good or bad? Is Christ represented in this.
How do I see myself? Am I precious? Do I treat myself with dignity and with respect?

11"The heart of her husband trusts in her,and he will have no lack of gain."
This is a trustworthy woman.
Am I trustworthy? Will my husband be able to trust me in our marriage. Do my friends and family trust me to keep things secret and to hold their testimonies with great respect. Doe my boyfriend trust me enough to share things and to keep them private? Do I give reason to doubt?
Am I a gossip?

12"She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life."
This is a kind woman.
Am I kind to others? Do I treat people fairly? How is my attitude? Am I always putting my husband/boyfriend down. Do I remember to say the good things and not always bad? Do I do good things for him and others.

13She seeks wool and flax,and works with willing hands."
This woman works joyfully.
Do I praise when I work? Do I always complain? Do I find the good out of this situation. Do I go over and beyond? Do I just settle with whatever or do I do my best? Am I willing to do something I would rather not do?

14She is like the ships of the merchant;she brings her food from afar."
This woman goes the extra mile to get choicest goods.
How does this apply to me? Am I going the extra step to bring glory to God? Am I just allowing myself to just get the job done even if I don't put any effort in it or come out fully knowing that a difference was made? Do I just settle for second best? Do I settle? If God is great, amazing, wonderful and perfect; and if I am made in the image of Christ...do my actions show this? Am I showing God?

15She rises while it is yet nightand provides food for her household and portions for her
maidens."
This is a disciplined woman.
(This is the one that I personally struggle with the most.) This woman strives to do her best. This is a woman who can get up early and set time each and every day to spend with her Lord. This woman makes time for her husband. This woman is not lazy. Am I any of these things? Am I disciplined in my school work or duties? (honestly...No. I am not this woman)

16She considers a field and buys it;with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard."
This woman is enterprising prudent with money.
Am I carefree with how I spend my money? Will this be an issue when married? Does this woman spend money only on herself? Does this woman remember to tithe? Where does her money go?

17She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong."
This is an energetic woman.
Am I fun? Am I willing to get out and be apart of the body of Christ? Do I respect the temple of God? when I say that I mean how do I (you) treat your body?

18She perceives that her merchandise is profitable. Her lamp does not go out at night."
This woman is a good steward.
Do I treat others with goodness and joy? Even when I don't like someone how do I treat them? Am I a woman who can be entrusted with things?

19She puts her hands to the distaff,and her hands hold the spindle."
This woman is a diligent woman.
Am I a woman who knows how to handle her time? Do I waist my time on things? Do I care about my duties and the jobs that I have been asked to do?

20She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy."
This is a compassionate and generous woman.
Do I show compassion to those I love? Do I show compassion to those I hate and dislike? Do I show compassion to the widows and the disabled and to the poor? Am I someone who gives? Gives time, money, prayer, help...anything a generous and not self-pleasing woman would do?

21She is not afraid of snow for her household,for all her household are clothed in scarlet."
This is a provident woman.
Provident is one that provides. Do I help? Volunteer? To I provide to the Kingdom of God? Can I be found in the act of providing to my family? Maybe not financially but in love and quality time and in respect and in support?

No comments:

Post a Comment